§ 265-102 STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
§ 265-102 Statement of Purpose
This ordinance is adopted and administered for the following purposes:
- To promote, protect and facilitate the public health, safety, morals, and the general welfare; coordinated and practical community development; vehicle parking and loading space, transportation, water, sewerage, schools, recreational facilities, public grounds, and the provision of a safe, reliable and adequate water supply.
- To promote the preservation of the natural, scenic and historic resources in the Borough.
- To prevent overcrowding of land, blight, danger and congestion in travel and transportation, loss of health, life or property from fire, flood, panic or other dangers.
- To accommodate reasonable overall community growth, including population and employment growth, and opportunities for development of a variety of residential dwelling types and nonresidential uses.
- To implement the objectives and policies outline in its Comprehensive Plan.