§ 265-201 LANGUAGE INTERPRETATION
§ 265-201 Language Interpretation
- Words used in the present tense shall include the future.
- Words used in the singular shall include the plural and the plural shall include the singular.
- The word “person” includes a corporation, company, partnership, or association as well as an individual.
- The word “lot” includes the word plot or parcel.
- The term “shall” is always mandatory.
- The word “may” is permissive.
- The word “used” or “occupied” as applied to any land or building shall be construed to include the words intended, arranged or designed to be used or occupied.
- The word “building” includes the word “structure.”
- The word “erected” shall include the word constructed. The word “moved” shall include the word “relocated.”
- An establishment which includes activities defined as an “adult use” by this Article shall be entirely classified as an adult use as a principal use, subject to all standards, limitations, and requirements imposed on adult uses by this ordinance.
- Where a particular definition of a use or establishment is set forth under Section 265-203 of this ordinance, Use Definitions, it shall be interpreted to be excluded from any use that is more generally or generically defined in said Section.