The Borough of Tarentum held a duly advertised, regular public meeting at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 12, 2018. Below you will find all relevant reports, documents and communications presented at the public meeting. Copies of the agenda and minutes are also available on this site.
2018.07.12 – Agenda
Prior Meeting Minutes:
2018.06.07 – Minutes
Call to Order.
*PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE AMERICAN FLAG.*
|Mr. Scott Dadowski (AWC), Ms. Erika Josefoski, Mr. Adam Blythe, Ms. Lou Ann Homa, Mr. Tim Cornuet, Ms. Carrie Fox, Ms. Rhonda Dzugan (AWC), and Mayor Eric Carter (AWC).|
|Borough Manager||Michael L. Nestico|
|Borough Solicitor||David A. Regoli|
|Chief of Police||William S. Vakulick|
|Code Enforcement Officer||Chris Fabec|
The following executive sessions were held:
Friday, June 29, 2018 at 12:36 p.m. regarding personnel matters.
Tuesday, July 10, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. regarding personnel matters.
Motion to accept the agenda as presented.
Motion to accept the minutes of the June 7, 2018 Meeting.
Opportunity for citizen comment.
- Letter requesting road closing – Brian Snyder
- Park event request – Darnicka Koskey
- Park event request – BridgePoint Church
- President’s Report
- Mayor’s Report
- Chief’s Report
- Solicitor’s Report
- Engineer’s Report
- Update for June 2018.
- Manager’s Report
- Upcoming Events
- July 17, 24, 31, August 7 – 5:00 PM – Diabetes Awareness Seminar in the park
- July 24, 2018 – 6:00 PM – Recreation Board Meeting
- July 25, 2018 – 7:00 PM – Recreation Board Concert in the Park
- August 7, 2018 – 6:00 PM – Council Agenda Meeting
- August 8, 2018 – 7:00 PM – Recreation Board Concert in the Park
- August 9, 2018 – 6:00 PM – Council Regular Monthly Meeting
- Upcoming Events
- Administration, Employee Relations, and Finance Committee
- Streets and Sanitary Sewers
- Public Safety and Civil Service
- Fire Department Meeting Report(s)
- Parks and Recreation
- Property and Zoning, Library, and Health
- Code Enforcement Monthly Report
- AVN COG
- Redevelopment and Revitalization
|Motion to pay the bills as presented.|
- Motion to ratify the execution of a Master Power Purchase and Sale Agreement between Tarentum Borough and PSEG Energy Resources & Trade, LLC for the temporary purchase of electric supply through July 31, 2018.
- Motion to accept the resignation of Patrolman Christopher Fabec, effective July 13, 2018.
- Motion to direct the Borough Manager to advertise for Police Department Civil Service Testing.
- Motion to direct the Borough Manager to advertise for the position of Code Enforcement Officer.
- Motion to approve the request from Brian Snyder to close a portion of East 6th Avenue for a Grand Opening event at Dry Bones retail store on Saturday, July 21, 2018 from 4:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Motion to approve the request from Darnicka Koskey to utilize the Riverview Memorial Park bandshell and pavilion for a birthday party on Saturday, July 28, 2018 from 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., including the request for electric and water service.
- Motion to approve the request from Abundant Joy Fellowship to close a portion of Allegheny Street between East 1st Avenue and Renouf Avenue on Saturday, July 14, 2018 from 3:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. for the Vacation Bible School event.
- Motion to approve the request from BridgePoint Church to utilize the Riverview Memorial Park bandshell and pavilion for a service and luncheon on Sunday, August 19, 2018 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., including the request for electric and water service.
- Motion to adopt Resolution #18-13:
RESOLUTION OF THE BOROUGH OF TARENTUM, COUNTY OF ALLEGHENY, COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA ADOPTING MODIFICATIONS TO THE RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR POLICE CIVIL SERVICE TESTING AND HIRING PROCEDURES.
Motion to adjourn the meeting.