§ 265-1303 CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY
- After completion of a building or structure for which a Zoning Certificate has been issued, and inspection has determined that all requirements of the Ordinance have been met, a certificate of occupancy shall be issued by the Zoning Officer. The certificate of occupancy shall state that the building and proposed use thereof complies with the provisions of the Ordinance.
- No nonconforming use shall be renewed, changed or extended without a certificate of occupancy having first been issued by the Zoning Officer for such use as per applicable approval from the Zoning Hearing Board.
- The Zoning Officer shall maintain a record of all certificates and copies shall be furnished, upon request, to any person having a proprietary or tenancy interest in the building affected.
- No permit for excavation, or erection, alteration of, or repair to any building shall be issued until an application has been made for a certificate of occupancy.
- A zoning certificate of occupancy shall be required for all changes in tenants within nonresidential principal uses and for nonresidential occupancy of any building.
- A zoning certificate of occupancy shall be required for all home occupations and family home day care facilities.