The Borough of Tarentum held a duly advertised, regular public meeting at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 9, 2018. Below you will find all relevant reports, documents and communications presented at the public meeting. Copies of the agenda and minutes are also available on this site.
2018.08.09 – Agenda
Prior Meeting Minutes:
2018.07.12 – Minutes
Call to Order.
*PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE AMERICAN FLAG.*
Erika Josefoski, Adam Blythe, Lou Ann Homa, Tim Cornuet, Carrie Fox, Rhonda Dzugan, Scott Dadowski, Mayor Eric Carter
|Borough Manager||Michael L. Nestico||AWC|
|Borough Solicitor||David A. Regoli|
|Chief of Police||William S. Vakulick||AWC|
The following executive sessions were held:
August 7, 2018 at 5:45 PM for personnel and litigation matters.
Motion to accept the agenda as presented.
Motion to accept the minutes of the July 12, 2018 Meeting.
Opportunity for citizen comment.
- Request to use Park Pavilion (8/19/18) – Stacey Hayden
- Request(s) for Fall Festival – Summit Hose
- Letter of resignation from Planning Commission – Hugh Fox
- Road closure request – Slovak American Club
- President’s Report
- Mayor’s Report
- Chief’s Report
- Solicitor’s Report
- Engineer’s Report
- Monthly Update
- Manager’s Report
- Upcoming Events:
- August 12, 2018 – 12:00 PM – All Day Benefit Concert at Tarentum Park
- August 22, 2018 – 6:00 PM – Rec Concert: Daniels & McClain
- August 29, 2018 – 6:00 PM – Rec Concert: Mary Ann Mangini Trio
- August 30, 2018 – Highlands SD First Day of School
- September 3, 2018 – Labor Day: Borough Office Closed
- September 4, 2018 – Borough Council Agenda Meeting
- September 6, 2018 – Borough Council Regular Meeting
- Administration, Employee Relations, and Finance Committee – Mr. Blythe
- Budget preparation slowly starting, will begin fully in September.
- Audit for FY 2017 started this week.
- Water – Mr. Blythe
- Borough met with LB Water to examine water usage audit options; more info to follow in coming months
- Electric – Ms. Fox
- Executed 1-month agreement for August 2018 with PSEG at $38.25 MWh
- Energy rate down from prior July 2018 agreement of $43.13 MWh
- Streets and Sanitary Sewers – Ms. Dzugan
- Paving project wrapping up; still some outstanding items including clean up/tarring
- Public Safety and Civil Service – Mr. Cornuet
- Fire Department Meeting Report(s) – Will be posted online.
- Parks and Recreation – Ms. Homa
- Benefit concert taking place Sunday, August 12, 2018 to assist with park improvements
- Property and Zoning, Library, and Health – Mr. Cornuet
- Borough manager filling in as zoning officer until new code officer is hired
- AVN COG – Ms. Fox
- Monthly agenda will be posted online; Ms. Fox to provide update
- KOZ Committee – Mr. Dadowski
- Borough will be exploring possible uses for the KOZ zone in the coming months; several ideas have been brought forward recently from Council, Developers and Public
- Redevelopment and Revitalization – Ms. Homa
- Upcoming Events:
Motion to pay the Borough bills for the month of July 2018.
- Motion to ratify the execution of a Master Power Purchase and Sale Agreement between Tarentum Borough and PSEG Energy Resources & Trade, LLC for the temporary purchase of electric supply through August 31, 2018.
- Motion to authorize the Borough Manager to execute an Estoppel Certificate with CTI Towers.
- Motion to accept the Separation Agreement between Tarentum Borough and Robert Betts.
- Motion to authorize the Borough Manager to advertise for the position of Public Works Director.
- Motion to grant the request from Summit Hose to hold the annual Fall Festival from September 13-15, 2018 with permission to block First Avenue between Ross Street and Corbett Street, including all side streets leading to First Avenue, from Wednesday, September 12 at 5:00 p.m. through Saturday, September 15 at 11:59 p.m.
- Motion to grant the request from Stacey Hayden to utilize the stage pavilion for a birthday party on Sunday, August 19, 2018 from 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
- Motion to accept the resignation of Hugh Fox from the Tarentum Borough Planning Commission, said term expiring December 31, 2021.
- Motion to authorize the Borough Manager to attend the Pennsylvania Municipal Electric Association Conference from September 12 – 14, 2018 in State College, Pennsylvania.
- Motion to accept the quote for door replacement at Eureka Hose in the amount of $3,618.28.
- Motion to grant the request from the Slovak American Club to close Center Street between Conroy Way and 7th Avenue from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM on Sunday, August 26, 2018 for a benefit fundraiser.
Motion to adjourn the meeting.