The Borough of Tarentum held a duly advertised, regular public meeting at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 7, 2018. Below you will find all relevant reports, documents and communications presented at the public meeting. Copies of the agenda and minutes are also available on this site.
2018.06.07 – Agenda
Prior Meeting Minutes:
2018.05.03 – Minutes
2018.06.05 – Sign In Sheet
2018.06.07 – Sign In Sheet
2018.05 – Code Report
2018.06 – Engineer Report
2018.05 – Eureka Report
2018.05 – Highland Hose Report
2018.05 – Summit Hose Report
2018.05 – Legislative Locator
Call to Order.
*PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE AMERICAN FLAG.*
|Ms. Rhonda Dzugan, Ms. Erika Josefoski [Absent With Cause], Mr. Adam Blythe, Ms. Lou Ann Homa, Mr. Tim Cornuet, Ms. Carrie Fox, and Mayor Eric Carter [Absent With Cause].|
|Borough Manager||Michael L. Nestico|
|Borough Solicitor||David A. Regoli|
|Chief of Police||William S. Vakulick|
|Code Enforcement Officer||Chris Fabec|
The following executive sessions were held:
Motion to accept the agenda as presented.
Motion to accept the minutes of the May 3, 2018 Meeting.
Opportunity for citizen comment.
- Letter requesting Park Rental – Trinity United Methodist Church
- Letter requesting Firework contribution and ballfield use – Summit Hose
- Letter requesting Diabetes Care program at Tarentum Park – Denise Kissell
- Letter requesting bandshell use – First Baptist Church
- Letter requesting library sidewalk sale – Cindy Homburg
- President’s Report
- Mayor’s Report
- Chief’s Report
- Solicitor’s Report
- Engineer’s Report
- Update for June 2018.
- Manager’s Report
- Upcoming Events
June 9, 2018 – 11:00 AM – Historical Walking Tour in Memorial Park
June 13, 2018 – 6:00 PM – Recreation Board Concert in the Park
June 26, 2018 – 7:00 PM – Recreation Board Concert in the Park
June 27, 2018 – 7:00 PM – Recreation Board Concert in the Park
July 10, 2018 – 6:00 PM – Borough Council Agenda Meeting
July 11, 2018 – 7:00 PM – Recreation Board Concert in the Park
July 12, 2018 – 6:00 PM – Borough Council Regular Meeting
- Upcoming Events
- Administration, Employee Relations, and Finance Committee
- Streets and Sanitary Sewers
- Public Safety and Civil Service
- Fire Department Meeting Report(s)
- Parks and Recreation
- Property and Zoning, Library, and Health
- Code Enforcement Monthly Report
- AVN COG
- Redevelopment and Revitalization
|Motion to pay the bills as presented.|
- Motion to ratify the request of Trinity United Methodist Church to utilize the bandshell area for several Riverside Worship events being held on Sunday evenings from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm from June to September, with the exception of July 29, 2018.
- Motion to ratify the request of Summit Hose to utilize Dreshar Stadium for a Community Fireworks event scheduled for July 3, 2018 and to contribute $1,500 toward the event.
- Motion to approve the request of Denise Kissell to utilize Tarentum Memorial Park to host several Diabetes Care one-hour informational sessions for four (4) weeks during July and August, 2018.
- Motion to approve the request of First Baptist Church to utilize the bandshell area for an outdoor church service being held on Sunday, July 29, 2018 from 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM.
- Motion to ratify the request from the Community Library of Allegheny Valley to hold a sidewalk sale with food truck on September 22, 2018 from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
- Motion to adopt Ordinance #18-03: ORDINANCE OF THE BOROUGH OF TARENTUM, COUNTY OF ALLEGHENY, COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA, ESTABLISHING REGULATIONS APPLICABLE TO VACANT RESIDENTIAL, INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL STRUCTURES IN ADDITION TO THE PROVISIONS SET FORTH IN THE INTERNATIONAL PROPERTY MAINTENANCE CODE.
- Motion to approve Resolution #18-12: RESOLUTION OF THE BOROUGH OF TARENTUM, COUNTY OF ALLEGHENY, COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA REQUESTING FUNDS FROM THE 2017 MUNICIPAL PLANNING GRANT PROGRAM FOR A MULTI-MUNICIPAL COMPREHENSIVE PLAN.
- Motion to award the 2018 Tarentum Paving Project bid to Mele & Mele & Sons in the amount of $109,918.35.
- Motion to approve the Employment Agreement dated June 7, 2018 with the Borough Manager.
- Motion to ratify the agreement between Tarentum Borough and Allegheny Power for the temporary purchase of electric supply through July 1, 2018.
Motion to adjourn the meeting.