§ 265-1504 ENACTMENT OF AMENDMENTS, PROCEDURES
- Proposed zoning ordinances and amendments shall not be enacted unless notice of proposed enactment is given in the manner set forth in this Section, and shall include the time and place of the meeting at which passage will be considered, a reference to a place within the municipality where copies of the proposed ordinance or amendment may be examined without charge or obtained for a charge not greater than the cost thereof. The Borough Council shall publish the proposed ordinance or amendment once in one newspaper of general circulation in the municipality not more than 60 days nor less than 7 days prior to passage. Publication of the proposed ordinance or amendment shall include either the full text thereof or the title and a brief summary, prepared by the solicitor and setting forth all the provisions in reasonable detail. If the full text is not included:
- A copy thereof shall be supplied to a newspaper of general circulation in the municipality at the time the public notice is published.
- An attested copy of the proposed ordinance shall be filed in the County Law Library or other county office designated by Allegheny County.
- In the event substantial amendments are made in the proposed ordinance or amendment, before voting upon enactment, the governing body shall, at least 10 days prior to enactment, re-advertise, in one newspaper of general circulation in the Borough Council, a brief summary setting forth all the provisions in reasonable detail together with a summary of the amendments.
- Zoning ordinances and amendments may be incorporated into official ordinance books by reference with the same force and effect as if duly recorded therein.