§ 265-103 Statement of Consistency and Community Development Objectives
This Zoning Ordinance promotes general consistency with the Borough Comprehensive Plan through the following Community Development Objectives:
- Facilitate the Redevelopment of the Third Ward and promote compatible infill development in the Borough’s traditional commercial center.
- Provide for maintenance, replacement, and connection of the Borough’s sidewalks and pedestrian infrastructure, namely within the commercial centers of the Borough.
- Encourage rehabilitation of structures that is consistent with the historic integrity and functionality of the neighborhood in which the structure is located through Traditional Neighborhood Development design standards.
- Provide clear standards for nonconforming uses that protect property rights while encouraging long term development and maintenance of compatible uses.
- Promote the maintenance and preservation of single family detached housing.
- Promote reuse of vacant or abandoned properties in a manner compatible with the surrounding neighborhood and uses.
- Encourage development of varied but compatible residential and nonresidential establishments, traditional neighborhood development, and preservation of open spaces corridors within areas of land available for development or redevelopment.